Here is a list of our most needed supplies that will have the greatest impact at saving lives in Latin America. Private-home donors please drop off items at 2424 4th Street, Warehouse G @ Dwight Way, during normal business hours.
We cannot pick up supplies or equipment from private residences, and we are currently unaware of any organization that is able to pick up from private residences. We are not able to accept medicines, expired supplies or damaged equipment.
VIDA is in need of non-expired 18 month Life Span supplies used in the provision of basic primary health care, including:
- Bandages, gauze, cotton
- Blood pressure equipment
- Dental or ophthalmology chairs
- Disabled and elderly equipment: wheelchairs, walkers (foldable), crutches and canes Exam & physical therapy tables, operating tables
- First aid kits
- Hospital or surgical masks
- Hospital beds & gurneys, stretchers, cots
- Medical equipment— small/portable: pulse oxymeters, defibrillators, incubators, endoscopy, ultrasound, anesthesia, ECG & dialysis machines, etc.
- Orthopedic supplies—braces, prosthetics
- Skin treatments— including anti-fungal or antibacterial cremes, powders, and lotions
- Soap, shampoo
- Surgical supplies—including sutures
- Syringes & needles
- Tongue depressors
For headquarters VIDA needs:
- Computer Paper
- Pallet Jack (manual or electric)
We cannot accept:
- Shower chairs
- Gerri chairs (clinical recliners)
- internal fluids